Thursday, August 21, 2008

 

Introducing Denver Schimming


As TCASK’s newest staff member, I would like to take a moment to introduce myself. I will be working as an organizer, specifically in reaching out to members of law enforcement and their respective agencies. I will also be working to expand our Sharing our Stories: Murder Victim’s Families Speak program which pairs a murder victim’s family member with a TCASK volunteer to provide presentations. I was born and raised in Indiana but have called Nashville my home since 1985. For the last 10 years I have been involved in many social justice issues in Nashville, especially in the area of prison reform. I serve on the Board of Directors of Dismas House, a transitional halfway house that works with and supports men coming out of prison. I have spoken at colleges and universities on the subjects of Felony Disenfranchisement and Alternative Justice. I also help teach the Inside/Out class at the Charles Bass Correctional Facility. I am so excited and humbled that my life’s journey has led me to TCASK and the opportunity to work with such talented, devoted and passionate people.

Labels:


Comments :
I sometimes write about the death penalty on my blog. Most of the commenters are rabid pro death penalty folks. Why is that?
http://mikeb302000.blogspot.com/
 
Hey MikeB,

Thanks for reading and commenting on our blog. It's hard to know why those commenting on your blog are for the death penalty. I don't think this is a good representation of public sentiment. Folks nationwide are pretty divided on their death penalty support.

Also, my personal experience is that folks will say a lot of things and make some strong statements behind the veil of anonymity.

Keep up the blogging and let us know if you ever have any death penalty related questions.

-Isaac
 
Welcome Denver! Looks like you come with some street cred there. I know you'll be a great asset to TCASK.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home