Tuesday, September 04, 2007

 

Two Great Emails!

I opened up two great emails today and thought it would be great to share them with you. The first is from James Staub, a TCASK board member (amongst a million other amazing things). James is preparing for a multiple sclerosis bike ride and needs your help:

Dear Friends:

In 2003, my third MS bike ride, I finished last. A few years before in my first MS bike ride, I also finished last. It's high time I became "Triple Threat James." I fully intend to finish last in this year's MS "Jack and Back" bike ride, and I need your help.

Please support the fight against MS - and my bike ride - by pledging online. (If that link doesn't work, try http://www.nationalmssociety.org/goto/jamesstaub and look for the "Donate" link.)

Why do I want to finish last? In 2003, I told other riders about Paul House, an innocent man on Tennessee's death row who has been suffering with MS for the past 15 years. Paul's lawyer describes the medical treatment he receives to help manage the disease as little more than a multi-vitamin and a Tylenol PM. Since that ride, I've met Paul's mom Joyce, who is one of the sweetest women in the world and who is waiting for the day her son comes home so she can take care of him.

I'm going to finish last again this year because I'm going to tell Paul's story to as many riders as I can. I'm going to tell Joyce's story to as many riders as I can.

And I'll be wearing the "Free Paul House" T-shirt from TCASK.

Thank you for your support!
James Staub

Rock on James! I just made a donation in your name and I hope others follow suit. The second email is below:

Dear friends:

I'm writing to let you know that today Murder Victims' Families for Human Rights (MVFHR) launched a new blog, "For Victims, Against the Death Penalty." Come visit us at http://www.mvfhr.blogspot.com!
You'll find the latest news about MVFHR’s work, reflections from Executive Director Renny Cushing, articles and book excerpts of interest, and stories and reports from families of murder victims and families of the executed throughout the United States and around the world.

If you have a related website or blog, please consider linking to this one.

All the best,
Susannah Sheffer

Visit their blog and let them know that TCASK is with them!
Comments : Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home