Friday, June 30, 2006

 

family - reminds you of friendship ... reminds you of the power of love...

i think that it's important that as we process the fact of this killing of sedley alley by the state - and future killings that it has in the works - that we, as a community, embedded in the principles of non-violence and restoration of community, make the intentional and sincere effort to deepen those principles within our day-to-day actions ...

let me be the first to say that i have made mistakes and am sorry for having done so ... i ask for the forgiveness of members of my immediate and peripheral communities for my human transgressions and thank g_d for my sister who shows me every day, in ways both serious and playful, the power of love, forgiveness, and redemption ... thanks sis ... :-)

you decide into which category the following falls - enjoy!

peace out - <3

Tequila and Salt

This should probably be taped to your bathroom mirror where one could read it every day. You may not realize it, but it's 100% true.

1. There are at least two people in this world that you would die for.
2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.
3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.
4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you.
5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.
6. You mean the world to someone.
7. You are special and unique.
8. Someone that you don't even know exists loves you.
9. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.
10. When you think the world has turned its back on you take another look.
11. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks.

So...........If you are a loving friend, send this to everyone, including the one that sent it to you. If you get it back, then they really do love you...

And always remember....when life hands you Lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Good friends are like stars........
You don't always see them,
But you know they are always there...

Whenever God Closes One Door He Always Opens Another, Even Though Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway
Comments :
Dear TN Dude,

Sometimes, at least for many of the people I know, we all need to hear something that makes us feel good and your post was that kind of something and I thank you for writing it.

I have had a migraine since the night prior to the execution that I just can't seem to shake. It's a splitting headache and surely you, the lil Jesuit and all the other individuals involved with the Abolition movement must feel the other half of the split and have had your own headache transform, such as mine is, into a type of heart ache over the execution of Sedley.

My migraine has Tennessee Politics written all over it and Tennessee has a tenacious grip on my spirit right now and it is stepping on it, squashing me like a roach crawling on the apartment floor.

A part of my spunk died when Sedley died.

I am saddened by his execution and at the same time sickened by the State who did this in my name, all of our names, as citizens of the Volunteer State.

I woke up today and realized State Policy left me with the sensation of having my feelings in a vice-grip. Your uplifting post loosened the hold that was on my darkened day, and I thank you for that. May you and all of the TCASK folks continue to be a never-ending reservoir of compassion for those affected by the Death Penalty and may you continue on your journey of being instruments of justice.

I believe that one day, we WILL see an end to the aberration of the Death Penalty in our state and it will no longer exist. I truly believe that we will see it abolished eventually. We may, in the meantime, however, go through the vicissitudes of difficulty and minor triumphs, but let the fact that we are dealing with HUMAN LIVES ON DEATH ROW sustain us all as we continue to fight for their lives.

With much appreciation for all that you and TCASK do,
G.
 
Thank you and Alex for your tireless efforts. Hopefully Sedley's death and possible revelations from DNA testing can turn this droning death machine around. As you said at the vigil, I'm proud to be among you all!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home