Thursday, April 06, 2006

 

In the News

About two weeks ago, I had the pleasure of speaking at Belmont University with Hector Black (the cool dude in the over-alls above) and we had a very nice article written about the talk for the Freedom Forum. You can read the story below:
http://www.freedomforum.org/templates/document.asp?documentID=18063

Also, the call for a moratorium has received some terrific press this week. In a previous post (http://tcask.blogspot.com/2006/04/moratorium-in-news.html) you can read the article in Shelbyville Times-Gazette. Below is an editorial from the Nashville Scene about the need for a moratorium:
http://www.nashvillescene.com/Stories/Columns/2006/04/06/Stop_Killing_Start_Listening/index.shtml

Finally, either today or tomorrow on News Channel 2 between 4:00 and 6:00, there should be a story regarding the moratorium including interviews with yours truly and the sponsor of the moratorium bill, the wonderful Beverly Marrero. Check it out if you get a chance!

All this press is, of itself, good, but I think what's better is that it calls attention to the fact that our work is serious. More and more people are realizing that our system is simply broken and needs to be seriously examined. So congratulations to everyone who has been involved, because your work is having an effect. Even the press is noticing!
Comments :
You didn't end with git er done. This is progress.
 
I know, I feel like I'm slipping. I'll have to make up for it in my next post.

I love gittin' 'er done!
 
It's funny because I actually was presenting a paper on the decreasing population of bolweevils in the dustbowl region the next day. How'd you know? How's that for a smile for you?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home