Monday, June 05, 2006

 

Those Oh-So-Useful Little Tools

It has been too long since we've done a nuts and bolts post, here on the TCASK blog, so I am writing today in praise of Google and particularly in praise of Google Images!

You see on Saturday I was in the office and, aside from the incessent blogging that you read below, one thing I was working on was putting together a flyer for the TCASK Tennssee Student Conference Against the Death Penalty, that will be held at MTSU on September 9th. See, a volunteer had developed a good basic template with all the information arranged, but we needed to turn it into an eye-catching flyer. What to do, what to do.

"Well," I thought, "to be eye-catching, you need a good visual!"

So I turned to the Google Images search. After a few minutes of searching a few terms ("execution", "gurney", "gallows" etc.) I came upon this image, which is now the full page back-drop for the flyer and, if I do say so myself, the flyer has become pretty stunning.

So, shout out to Google. It's just one of those little tools that helps us git 'er done!

(By the way, Google Images also brings us most of the amusing photos that get posted to this blog. Is there nothing it can't do?)
Comments : Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home