Sunday, December 25, 2005

 

counting blessings rather than sheep...

it could be said that this is a short scripted tale of whether the cup is perceived as half empty or half full ... in fact we know that it is both, the metaphor simply identifies if one is generally an optimist or a pessimist...

as for organizing - i sit here on christmas day and channukah eve pondering which it shall be ...

on the empty side there is the fact that my e-mail program crashed last week and i have, at least temporarily, lost all of my unanswered in-box e-mails as well as all of my archived folders and their contents... i will be able to recover them but it will take a full day of tedious work next week to reconstruct everything ... ...

on the full side - and this is SO poignant - are the people who are working with me to end this stupid, damnnable thing we call capital punishment ... my board chair amy who is just a godsend (ironic considering i'm an agnostic myself); my co-worker alex who at 22 is just so much smarter and energetic than i am at 48; james and wright our technical and image gurus who do more than i manage to grasp to make us in-the-know, attractive, and interesting; lawyers such as dana, steve, chris, and brad who have watched our process of maturation and embraced our efforts; my national consultants and strategic gurus shari, peter, kristin, sue, diann, brenda, dick, and my state peers steve, celeste, david, stephanie; our major donors such as mary, patrick, fredric, and sally; and so many local volunteers that this blog would never end if i even began to list them (THANK YOU all, each and every one)...

i could be counting sheep in an effort to sleep through the moments of tedium and frustration but these are all such human moments and experiences that in the end they both compliment and set off moments of sheer exhuberance and inspiration...

so instead i am focusing my heart and mind on those blessings that enabled me to nurture an environment, a structure, a vision that has gifted me with the memorable and fleeting moments to interact with and come to know people who are both passionate about the struggle and not afraid to win...

here's a holiday toast to mutual aid and winning - cheers!

<3
Comments : Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home